Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
- The Albuquerque International Sunport welcomed 4,871,901 passengers in 2014.
- ABQ’s freight center moved over 60,000 tons of cargo in 2014.
- There were 130,002 takeoffs and landings, for an average of 356 per day, in 2014 at ABQ: 51,678 by major airlines; 27,931 by commuter airlines, 18,925 by military aircraft; and 31,468 by general aviation aircraft.
- The Sunport is served by six major commercial carriers: American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, and US Airways. It also receives regular service from commuter airlines: Great Lakes Airlines and New Mexico Airlines. Air Cargo service is provided by FedEx and UPS.
- ABQ offers nonstop service to 22 cities, including: Atlanta, Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (Midway/O’Hare), Dallas (DFW/Love Field), Denver, El Paso, Houston (Bush/Hobby), Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Oakland, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma, St. Louis, Tucson, Washington (Dulles). Nonstop in-state service is offered to Carlsbad. (Nonstop Service to New York’s JFK Airport on JetBlue began April 22, 2013.)
- The Terminal Building has approximately 600,000 sq. ft. of total space including 22 gates in the A and B Concourses used by the major commercial air carriers, the E Gate area, which accommodates the commuter airlines, and a 30,000-square- foot. security screening checkpoint, and a meeter/ greeter waiting area.
- Albuquerque’s elevation is 5,355 feet. Its latitude and longitude are 35 degrees, 02 minutes North and 106 degrees, 37 minutes west.
- Ground transportation from the Sunport to locations throughout the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area and northern New Mexico is provided by various cab companies, door-to-door shuttles, buses, limousines, rental car companies, out of town shuttles and hotel/motel courtesy vehicles.
- Albuquerque rental car companies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, and Thrifty and are located in the Consolidated Rental Car Center, approximately 1/2 mile west of the Terminal Building. Access to the Rental Car Center is provided via a shuttle bus system.
- There are a variety of retail stores throughout the Sunport offering items ranging from souvenirs and sundries to authentic Indian jewelry and unique one-of-a-kind contemporary pieces.
- The Sunport offers a wide range of food and beverage concessions to satisfy every palate. The new food and beverage program is now complete, featuring a relocated food court and sit-down restaurant.
- ATMs for various banks are located on the 2nd and 3rd levels of the Terminal Building prior to the security-screening checkpoint, and in A and B Concourses.
- Facilities for persons with disabilities include elevators in the parking structure and each of the Terminal Building’s three levels provide wheelchairs, Braille signage, wheelchair accessible restrooms and drinking fountains, and telecommunications devices for the deaf (“TDD”).
- Amtrak | Telephone: (800) USA-RAIL or (800) 872-7245
- In Albuquerque: New Mexico Rail Runner | Telephone: 1-505-245-RAIL(7245)
Train service from Santa Fe to Albuquerque and south to Belen.
Shuttle service between Sunport and Rail Runner stations provided by ABQ Ride (bus).
- Albuquerque Cab Company | (505) 883-4888
- Yellow Cab Company | (505) 247-8888
- ABQ Green Cab Company | (505) 243-6800